AMERICA

AMERICA
ONE NATION UNDER GOD!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Medal Rack

Left to Right:
Navy Achievement Medal. Basically for sustained superior performance of Duty in positions of authority above my rank. I was the first Enlisted man to be qualified & certified as a Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare Officer (ASWO). A position normally reserved for Commissioned Officers.
Navy Good Conduct Medal. 21yrs of service, the last 16 were good conduct eligible.
National Defense Service medal. awarded twice. 1973 Viet Nam, 1991 Persian Gulf.
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal. Operation Desert Shield participant.
Southwest Asia Service Medal, Defense of Saudi Arabia (1991).
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Emirate of Kuwait).
Navy Rifle Qualification Ribbon/Medal. Expert Marksmanship} My Father was a Marine.
Navy Pistol Qualification Ribbon/Medal. Expert Marksmanship} I learned to shoot at age 5.

8 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

These are so beautiful and thank you for sharing the meaning behind them all. I never even thought to ask.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Blasé said...

I hope whatever frame those medals are hanging on is nailed to 2x6 wall studs.

"Teethbrush"....HAA!

Kelly said...

Wow! That is great! My husband was Vietnam too, he is/was an army ranger. He attended USMA, then served 5 yrs in the army, during the Vietnam war times (1 tour).

Thank you for serving our Country.

(and for so nicely complying with Edie's request).

Edie said...

Wow. Thank you for posting this. And thank you for serving for our nation and our freedom.

My dad was a marine too...
but I'm not an Expert Marksman Rifle Shooter. :) Do you still shoot? I know, but they make equipment for people with disabilities yes they do. :)

I'm going to go read the ribbons now.

Kimberly said...

Thank you for making it possible for all of "us" to blawg.

House of a 1000 Corpses...I totally dug the movie.

The Devil's Rejects...not as much gore as I wanted it to be.

Gran Torino...Clint Eastwood is the stuff that made the stuff.

Thanks for the stop by (turns up nose).

Amber said...

Wow, those are beautiful. I too appreciate the meaning behind each one. I never know if its OK to ask or not. :) Thank you for your service to our country. People like you are the best of the best.

My ADHD Me said...

Thank you so very much!

AmyK. said...

Yes, thank you. I have heard of many of these and never seen some of them "in person".