AMERICA

AMERICA
ONE NATION UNDER GOD!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Since 1684

I  am an UN-APOLOGETIC AMERICAN!! 
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one nation under GOD, indivisible, with LIBERTY and JUSTICE for all!! 
I grew up reciting this every morning in school. 
We no longer do that for fear of OFFENDING SOMEONE!! 


GOD BLESS OUR CONGRESS
GOD BLESS OUR SENATE
&
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT


Give them the wisdom, courage, guidance and courage to represent this Great Nation.


I have a cousin. Well actually I have several cousins. But one in particular, David, (son of my mother's second oldest brother) who did an extensive family history look up. His work (before the invention of ancestry.com) yielded some facts about my family.

In 1684 
My great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grandfather (approx, 10 generations), moved from a rural area of what is now known as Germany. 
His name was;
SHELUMIEL SWINEFERT

HE married a 13 year old French Immigrant, and the first of my American Born forefathers began life in Colonial Pennsylvania. In keeping with a European family Tradition,  Shelumial was the moniker hung on the first born male descendants, until sometime in the late 19th century. At which time it changed to Ralph, and continued in that tradition to the generation just before mine (My Grandfather, and his eldest son were named Ralph). And to my knowledge there are no new Ralphs in the clan.

For some unknown reason, the spelling of the last name changed after arriving in America, to:
SWINEFORD.

And military service is a hallmark of my family's history. From various sources (Official, Personal and public reports), documentation shows a member of my family served under arms during every war the US has ever been involved in. From the American Revolution, when Schalumial Jr enlisted in the Continental American Army, up until my service during Operation Desert Shield/Storm. A period of  218 years.

The American Revolution 1775-1783
The War of 1812 1812-1815
The US CIVIL WAR 1861-1865
One official report commends Shelumial Swineford, for his bravery and marksmanship skills repelling Confederate forces at a little town in Pennsylvania called Gettysburg.

The SPANISH AMERICAN WAR 1898

WORLD WAR ONE 1917-1918

My Paternal grandfather, Paul was a dough boy during WWI. And served in the trenches near France and Belgium.





===================================================
WORLD WAR TWO
My uncles:
Richard Swineford, US Army, 101st Airborne Division The SCREAMING EAGLES, fought against superior German forces during THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE in Bastogne, Belgium.



____________________________________________________
Homer Swineford US Army Air Corp, top turret gunner on board a  B-17, FLYING FORTRESS, during bombing missions over Germany.


B-17 Flying Fortress
______________________________________________
Robert Swineford, USMC, served in the Pacific Theater, during the ISLAND HOPPING CAMPAIGN. Which included places like Tarawa, Peleliu,  Leyte, Luzon, Anguar and Iwo Jima.


==============================================

KOREAN WAR 1950-1953

My father, Robert. PFC, USMC

My Father's Decorations


==============================================

VIETNAM WAR 1960-1975


My Father, Robert Gunnery Sargent, USMC

______________________________________


Me, 
STG1 US Navy


==========================================
Operation DESERT SHIELD-DESERT STORM 1990-1991

ME, 
STGCS(SW) USN

===================================

The LAST WARRIOR IN MY FAMILY
STGCS (SW) US NAVY (ret)...




GOD BLESS AMERICA


AND I RESOLVE TO NEVER ABDICATE MY RIGHTS:
TO FREE SPEECH, 
TO PUBLISH MY OPINIONS, 
TO CRITICIZE MY ELECTED OFFICIALS.
TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
TO WORSHIP MY GOD
OR
TO WAVE MY FLAG


I WILL SPEAK MY MIND
AIR MY GRIEVANCES
AND
VOICE MY COMPLAINTS

DESPITE WHATEVER RECENT TRAGEDY, INCIDENT OR CALAMITY IS CURRENTLY BEING EXPLOITED BY PROGRESSIVE LIBERALS IN AN EFFORT TO CONVINCE THE POPULATION  TO REMOVE OUR GOD GIVEN, CONSTITUTION AFFIRMED RIGHTS AND LIBERTIES.

SO HELP ME GOD.

10 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

What a remarkable family history, Kurt - you come from strong stock. My cousins are Army veterans of Desert Storm too - one still serves and is currently stationed in Indiana and Atlanta. He trains new recruits in missile guidance and he won't tell me more than that... or he says he'd have to kill me :-)

Thank you for joining in - you 'll have to let me know what you think of the product! It is now putting food on our table, literally.

floweringmama said...

DESPITE WHATEVER RECENT TRAGEDY, INCIDENT OR CALAMITY IS CURRENTLY BEING EXPLOITED BY PROGRESSIVE LIBERALS IN AN EFFORT TO CONVINCE THE POPULATION TO REMOVE OUR GOD GIVEN, CONSTITUTION AFFIRMED RIGHTS AND LIBERTIES.


SO HELP ME GOD.

Amen!

UBERMOUTH said...

* Recap:

Your have an incredible heritage, Kurt.

Boy the States owe your family a lot!

betty manousos said...

I am in awe of your stunning family history, Kurt.
You must be very proud indeed.

Thanks for sharing. You nevers fail to amaze me.

Hope you have a wonderful winter day!
Betty

Heidi said...

Very interesting read. And inspiring! One nation. Under God.

Marnie said...

I loved reading this! You have a lot to be proud of. Your family is what the American dream is all about. They weren't afraid of progress.

I have a family memenber on my fathers side who traced our family tree back to the 1600's too. It was really nice to read all of the info they compiled.

Anonymous said...

Amen brother.

Cocaine Princess said...

Yes, you should be proud, truly. Wonderful post as always.

Indi said...

KP ~ BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO i APPLAUD ALL YOUR FAMILY. if we should at all offend any one? Who gives a god damn fuck, I'm 100% Brittish, take any city in this fine country and you can possibly see a few white folk!! We can't say half the nursery rhyms now in case we offend any one?? What kinda world we living now.. we can't do this. we can't do that? EH?? You have a fine family tree, from small acorns become great oaks. When I lived in America when I was 16 I went you your high schools, I ate in your cafeterias, I learned about American history and loved every page, word, speech made by Lincoln, Kennedy, Roosevelt... I recited every morning with every other person in the school those very same words.. I was proud to share my life with those amazing people.. What kinda world do we live in?


Indi


xxxx

Cloudia said...

YOU are AWESOME and a real AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!